Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Fountain and Box Office Poison

Image result for the fountain
I read "The Fountain" by the author Darren Aronofsky and the artist Kent Williams. Before I read the book, I noticed that the book had been adapted to a movie, The Fountain, which was also directed by Darren Aronofsky. I remember I seen some clip from the film are beautiful. The comic also surprised me when I look at the image. It seems like the artist use color painting to drawing this comic.






There is one sequence I like, which is when we first see the Captain Tomas Verda's face. He puts the ring on his left hand under his nose, smells it, and the next page it jumps to the flashback smoothly. It is a very cinematic transition which I can understand it without reading the dialogs.


I also read "Box Office Poison" by Alex Robinson. It also presents a lot of flashbacks, but the way is different from "The Fountain." In the beginning, it starts with the flashback image with this stamp edge. The stamp edge demonstrates the story is in flashback, and last you will see more flashbacks in stamp edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment