Monday, December 10, 2018

The future of comic

I read Cyanide & Happiness, which is a comic series made by Explosm.net. It is definitely an interesting comic with all these adult content, sexual content, and ironically burlesque. I love how it takes everything simple and funny. The comic strip itself is like draft which draws on a lined paper, but the rough drawing and the black joke make this comic pretty intense. The comic writer for this comic must put a lot of time and took a lot of drugs to create such imaginative comic. Cyanide & Happiness reminds me, Rick and Morty. I remember there is a short video of Cyanide & Happiness which has a very similar scene with Rick and Morty. A couple goes shopping, and the man is trying to get the milk from the fridge, then a milk-like creature grabs him and put him into the cart. It reminds me of a scene in Rick and Morty when they run through all these planets and see human ordering pizza by using a phone, pizza ordering phone by using human, phone ordering human by using pizza. The way they express the humor is similar, and I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment